New Years Resolution

Wow it’s been so long since my last post!!! Time has really flown by. The year is almost over how crazy?! I felt like it just began. But because the new year is approaching I have been thinking about what all has gone down this last year. It’s been good and it’s been bad. I have laughed and I have cried. So I guess there’s a balance of all emotions in this past year. I’m so thankful for this past year because it taught me a lot. It taught me who I am and who I am not. It allowed me to see that a decision can affect more than just one; it showed me that things are not always what they seem and that anything that looks like a disaster is an opportunity for beauty.

I watched a movie tonight with my family (go figure right?) and the story behind the movie was to never allow fear to hold you back from anything. Whether it be holding you back from your future, loving someone or just allowing yourself to be free and not shut off from everyone. To be able to dream even when all the roads you’re on keep growing in length. I think so often we don’t allow ourselves to be who we really are or do what we were destined to do because it seems like it takes to “long” we see ourselves not as God sees us. I wish I could see myself through the eyes of Christ. He has sooooo much hope and so many amazing plans for us but we have to have the faith to say ok I’m going to take that step and just go for it. No more holding back, I’m letting go!! This year I want to be open to new things. I want to go where God wants me to go and have the wisdom to not go where I’m not supposed to. I want to have that child like faith. I want to keep my dreams alive which require faith. It’s believing in something you can’t see. Now I’m not talking about crazy dreams like climbing mt. Everest or jumping from a plane although, if that’s your dream hey go for it but I’m just thinking about the dreams God has for me, I know some peoples experience with dreams is as varied as the people themselves. No one’s dream history is the same as another’s, and yet we all know what it is to have dreams. Personally, I think the very existence of those dreams can be tied to Gods personal dreams for our lives. He placed within us an awareness of certain things and in the awareness of those things we can find our dreams. In other words, he places the dreams, and we live them out. And what’s so cool is that when we follow the steps he has prepared there is always eternal peace!!! Soooo my goal for this New Year is to be completely open to whatever God has for me. To have the faith to believe it can happen and that no matter where those dreams take me he will always be there to guide me!!

“The seed cast on good earth is the person who hears and takes in the news, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams”
Matthew 13:23

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments