Relationships?

Relationships are an important part of life. We begin a relationship with someone from the moment we are born and most of us will continue in relationships of some sort until the day we die. God encourages relationships. The Bible is full of them. It is obvious that from the beginning of time, people need people.

I’m the type of person that always has to have the last word in. And when I cant or am not given the opportunity it kills me. I think there’s a number of reasons why this gets to me, a few of those being… for one, It makes me feel like I failed at something. Secondly, It makes me feel like I didn’t have the chance to fix it or the worst of them all is thirdly, I wasn’t good enough or important enough to be given the time. Now, all of those reasons could be completely wrong and I could possibly be way too stubborn to believe that and that could be very likely with me. Being a young adult and trying to figure out this whole relationship thing while not loosing who I am or what my heart needs and desires is a struggle to say the least. Then, you have to factor in the fact I want someone who believes the same and loves the Lord with his whole heart. Something I’m realizing is you can go on believing things could/will change but you should never have to take the time to change that person, that’s not our job. I think our job in a relationship is to be there for the person, be their best friend, and be strong for them when they feel weak or just take time for that person.

posted under |

1 comments:

Big d said...

i've been praying over my future relationship with whoever my wife will be. I've seen relationships fail, and I don't want to fall into the same trap

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments